There are many fake and factory (comprised of mismatched stolen parts) Blythe dolls sold on eBay. As a newbie it can be hard to tell which dolls are fake and which dolls are real. We’ll start with some obvious fake and factory listing examples to help you discern whether a doll you are bidding on is an official release.
- Fake Blythe dolls – made entirely of non-official parts from a counterfeiting mold
- Factory Blythe dolls – made using official parts most likely stolen from the factory/usually a mismatch of releases
Look out for any listing the says factory, TBL or nude Blythe with no actual release name. Examples of listing titles:
- “Takara 12″ Neo Blythe Doll Long Hair Perfect Nude Doll From Factory”
- “Nude Factory Blythe doll – Magenta hair”
- “12 inch nude Takara Blythe rare real 1pc”
- “Nude Factory Blythe doll – Dark Pink hair with fringe / bangs”
These ones are super obvious fakes or factory dolls (made from parts stolen from the factory). Check what other items the seller has for sale before you buy.
This seller appears to be selling a few official releases like this PD Paris and then a bunch of factory dolls. I would also probably not buy it just because the seller is selling factory dolls and is most likely a thief. They are also in poor condition, look at the hair! Very matted. Wouldn’t trust this person to package them well for postage either.